Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Wall of Ancestors

Downstairs at my parents house is what F likes to refer to as "the wall of ancestors".  Unfortunately, most of them are my mother's ancestors, and she had a strong antipathy to geneology for some reason.  I think she felt it was a kind of puffery.  Anyway, she did annotate some of the pictures (not all unfortunately), and I took pictures of some of the old pictures when I was on my Wisconsin Road trip.  Somewhere my Dad has all the geneology known to the family, but in the meantime, this blog is a great place to keep my notes.
One of my Great-great-great-grandmothers, Mrs Alanson Miller (according to my mother's note on back) aka Lydia Mosher Miller 1798-1888, m. January 12, 1819.  Note this is really a drawing, not a photo. This is my mother's mother's great grandmother on her mother's side.
Russell Miller, 1825-1908, who is the father of my great grandmother Nettie Miller Whaley (1864-18 Sept 1941), was the son of Alanson Miller (1783-1856) and Lydia Mosher Miller, according to his obituary, so this must be Lydia Mosher Miller. Russell Miller also had a brother named Alanson Miller (just to make it really confusing).
The four Miller sisters.  Standing Alva, left to right Lewellyn, Emerett, and Nettie (the youngest).  Nettie married Hiram Benjamin Whaley in August 1888.

Great-great grandfather Ephraim Whaley 26 FEB 1800-Apr. 28, 1891. Married Marinda Swan, March 26, 1824.
Marinda Swan Whaley 1805-1876
Great-great grandmother, Marinda Swan Whaley, 1805-Dec. 9, 1876, married to Ephraim.  Marinda and Ephraim would have been my mother's mother's grandparents on her father's side.

from left Hiram Benjamin Whaley and Nettie Miller Whaley / Holsa Fuance and Roselle Whaley Faunce/ Darwin Swan and Carolyn Whaley Swan/ Albert Whaley and Sally Kelley Whaley
Whaley siblings and spouses, from left Hiram Benjamin Whaley (1835 - 1896) and Nettie Miller Whaley (1864-1941) / Holsa Fuance and Roselle Whaley Faunce/ Darwin Swan and Carolyn Whaley Swan/ Albert Whaley and Sally Kelley Whaley . 
-

No comments: